Monday, May 3, 2010

May!

I'm a few days late, but welcome May!

Of course, May is nowhere as near as great as April (can you guess why?)

BUT. . .May is especially amazing this year because it means that in about 3 mos. I will be moving to Boston!

It also means that in 3 mos. The Writer and I will be parting ways. She still doesn't know yet, but all in good time.

No worries, though. This lovely blog will still continue to highlight the craziness that is sure to take place when I take Boston by storm!

*******************

(Me and my cutie younger sibs)

I trust that you all had lovely weekends?

My own was filled with birthday festivities, ninety degree weather, surprise friend visits, wedding showers, and lots of time with amazing friends and family!

I now have two cakes, a plate of cupcakes, sugar cookies, and pudding crowding my fridge. Needless to say it's a disaster!! I'm trying to foist much of it off on friends.

Last night, I went over to my neighbors who are still, sadly, complete strangers. They are all guys so I was sure they would be into getting some free goodies. When they came to the door, a plume of pot smoke came billowing out.
"Score," I thought, "they'll for sure want stuff to snack on!"

Ummm. NO. What kind of large, high, college dudes don't want some free cake??

Anyway, we've now made some new friends, and one of them came over today to borrow my vacuum. I just wish they'd borrowed some cake;0)

2 comments:

  1. I'm really surprised they didn't want any cake. What kind is it? I know another neighbor who may want some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ridiculousness. Well, I WOULD have taken the cake.

    ReplyDelete