Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lo{st}cks

Apparently a woman used to live in The Writer's new home with her young kids. She stopped paying rent when the current landlord bought the place, and eventually was evicted. All of her stuff was basically just left in the apartment when she moved.

The Writer has taken it upon herself to go through all of the stuff (now stored in the basement) and add it to the collection of stuff for her upcoming tag sales (yes, plural. Her new get rich scheme involves having tag sales every weekend this summer. . .)

Today, as she was commandeering some of the items to use in the new place for her and Partner, she announced that she was going to put a lock on the basement so that if the woman came back for her stuff she wouldn't be able to get in. The Writer justified this by saying that the woman has no right to it since she refused to pay her rent and left it all there.

Now, The Writer maybe correct, but frankly it's really not her place to be locking the woman out of the basement and hoarding her stuff to sell. If the landlord wants to withhold items from the previous tenant that's his business, not The Writer's.

I didn't even bothering putting up a fight about this one. I knew I'd lose.

What do you think? Is The Writer justified or, as usual, completely irrational?

Oh yea, and today while I was "home" alone, I happened upon a lovely little hand carved wooden box sitting on top of one of the unpacked boxes. It was beautiful so I thought I'd have a little look.

I now know where Partner keeps his pot stash.

**************************
Did anyone watch LOST last night?

I won't get too particular in case I spoil something for someone. But I will say that two of my favorite characters were killed off.

I was a little more devastated than any person should be about fictional characters dying. I cried, there was some yelling, and I even called a friend in a panic (she wasn't watching it though so we couldn't talk about it!).

Today, I was reading an article with an interview of the shows writers who said that they did it to remind everyone that anything can happen in LOST.

I did not invest the last five years of my life into this show for THIS. Thanks, LOST writers, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment