Thursday, May 13, 2010

ER Visit

This morning, as I pulled up to The Writer's place and found The Writer sitting outside, clearly waiting for my arrival.

A bit unusual since normally The Writer has no idea what time it is and is shocked when I show up
As soon as I stepped of the car, she laid the most ridiculous sequence of events on me
Apparently, earlier this morning, The Writer and her two friends decided to go out on a walk. On the way back they noticed some smallish black cases in the road.

The Writer stopped traffic to retrieve the bags, and opened one of them and pulled out something that was inside.

The something happened to be a syringe and needle with a cap. The Writer somehow accidentally opened the syringe cap and stabbed herself with the needle. . .
And that is where I come in. After a panicked recount, The Writer than informed me that she had to head to the ER to be tested to make sure that she didn't have Aids, Hep A,B OR C, etc.

The Writer lives in a small town idyllic community, so not really much of a worry of infected drug needles, especially since they were in a diabetes kit with a name and address on it.

Nonetheless, it was quite a day. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how The Writer managed to stab herself with something that initially was sealed. She really had to be trying. . .

*******************
Today I got to spend a glorious few minutes at one of my favorite places anywhere in the world.
Barnes&Nobles
I love how it smells, the lighting, the music, and those BOOKS. OH, how I love books!

Here's my favorite spot in the whole store:


And here's where I found out SK has a new book out. She's my favorite summer read!

No comments:

Post a Comment