Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blow up

EEK! Today with The Writer was absolutely out of control! I had to pray my way through the day just to make it. . .

This morning while trying to help The Writer continue the ridiculously long move in process, we got ourselves into a heated moment.

Last week, The Writer asked me to keep her on track since she's feeling overwhelmed and would like me to make sure she doesn't get crazy. I tried to do just that as we debated for perhaps the tenth time since last Monday which wall the office file cabinet should go on.

Finally, FINALLY, a decision was made, after much deliberation.

Overjoyed to have a place to move the dang cabinet, I started moving boxes to the center of the room to make a path. Immediately, The Writer became somewhat sidetracked and suggested moving all the boxes to the rooms they were supposed to go in. I informed her that they were all office boxes save one and a fan and that I really thought we should just move the filing cabinet (OK. I was a little bit forceful about it. . .)

She became visibly pissed and stomped outside, but not before basically shouting at me that she was going out for a cigarette break.

The day continued as normal, until lunch time when she "confronted" me about my unkind behavior and how it was hurtful to her. I apologized, but explained to her that I was only trying to do what she asked me to do last week.

She then launched into the ways that I should talk to her when she's frustrated, referenced her best friends ways of relating to her and how she responds better when people make a joke about the situation, to get her to respond better and then started sobbing about something to do with Partner, yadda yadda yadda.

I didn't have a clue what was going on toward the end there!

Will the crazy NEVER end?? Actually, YES!! I was counting down to the end before, but now I kind of want to whip out the old school construction paper chain! BUT, I'm packing up the apt. so that's not really an option. Oh well. . .

**************************
I'm going to be repeating this all day tomorrow:

James 1:19&20
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment