Monday, March 29, 2010

Well, Hello There Monday



(yay for spring! This crocus made me incredibly happy!)

Pretty sure The Writer is thinking of breaking up definitely with Partner. Today, I went with The Writer to look at a house that only has place for Writer and the cat. No Partner. And The Writer is planning on being able to afford it if a roommate (who actually pays rent) is involved. I'm not getting all worked up about it though since we ALL know that The Writer's mind changes about a million times a day.

I'm also not getting my hopes up because The Writer has been dating Partner on and off for 2ish years now, and their twisted and ridiculous relationship shows no sign of ending.

Here are some things I've learned about relationships from these two:

Lying is ABSOLUTELY OK, especially if it means you won't get caught doing something your partner doesn't approve of

Taking out an unwarranted restraining order on your partner just because you want them to move out is acceptable, just make sure you read #1 first

Not wanting your partner to be happy is totally normal and, in fact, in the end makes for a happier relationship (except not)

. . .I think I meant to say here are some things I learned about how NOT to be in a relationship with your partner.

*****************
I spoke at length on Friday about my lovely, little sis' B-day on Sunday, and here are some photos from the big day!




The Birthday Girl and I, looking rather matchy-matchy



Lovely Birthday Cake (courtesy of Mama Staley-who, incidentally, was also wearing a gray sweater and dark wash jeans)


Tonight I decided to whip up a delicious meal for the roommates: Indonesian Pork, Brown Rice, fresh Green Beans sauteed in butter, salt and pepper, and Snowflake Rolls. Although baking is my passion, I really do enjoy cooking up some delicious grub for others!





No comments:

Post a Comment