Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I can't tell a lie

Shaking things up today. I think I'll start this post off with something fabulously delicious!

{plus} {equals} Heaven on a plate. YUM!

This was my LOST snack for this evening and it was GLORIOUS:0). BTW, what the heck is up with that show? Just give us some answers already!

*************

I think awhile back I wrote a somewhat lengthy diatribe about The Writer's penchant for little white lies.

Well, today, while in a conversation on the phone with a pal, The Writer busted out this gem that I just had to share with you all.

Just a few short seconds after finishing a long explanation about why Partner needed to be lied to about some things, The Writer began to talk about what information should be given to the new landlord (the move is back on again. . .)

"I can't lie. I'm not willing to do that, and I don't think I can. I'm going to 'not tell the truth,' but I absolutely can't lie"

And so I've gleaned even more insight into The Writer's twisted understanding as to what lying actually is. Basically, I'm getting that if you value truth and honesty, and fail to tell the truth, that it's not lying. So, lying is. . .?? Anyone have a clue? Because I certainly don't. In fact, despite The Writer's firm beliefs, I was under the impression that lying was indeed, deliberately not telling the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment