Monday, March 15, 2010

Convo Confusion

Today, I thought I'd replay another conversation that happens all too frequently during the week (And happen twice today, incidentally).

Me: [Writer], this is the way that you wanted those press releases, correct?

Writer: ooh, no, I wanted Tim's name before Dan's. Tim is the bigger star so he should be first

Me: Uhh, you told me last week that you wanted Dan first because he's more locally known

Writer: Right. But. I want to Tim to go first because he's more famous. That's how I always do it

**I interject here to tell you that while The Writer often tells me, "This is the way I always do it" it's usually in reference to things that The Writer, in fact, NEVER does. I do.

Me: Umm, actually, you've been having me do it the other way around. For, like, the last 3 months

Writer: Well, that's wrong. It should be the most famous person first, even if they're performing last. I don't know why I told you that (condescending voice indicates The Writer actually doesn't believe me. Since, I clearly am lying about the order I was told to put performers in on a press release.)

ME: So. . .I should switch this around

Writer: Yes. Wait. .. what did I say??

Ahh Monday. I'm glad you're almost over.

**********

Here are three Monday thoughts:

3.
I really want to go here, like, NOW



(Milos, Greece)

2.
Miley Cyrus is talking on TV right now, and I can't get over the fact that she sounds like a man.

1. I get she's a pop star, but I really don't understand why people think Lady Gaga is hot. Check out her Cosmo expo. . . What do you all think? Hot or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment