Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Save What?

Today I'd like to present a typical conversation with The Writer that takes place at least once or twice a week.

Me (to The Writer): "Umm, where is that file I made and put on the desktop, so I could find it for today
The Writer: Oh, ahh what file?
Me: The one entitled XXX. . .
The Writer: riiight. I deleted that. I didn't know what it was
Me . . .
The Writer: Why, was it important?
Me: Well, it had all the information for your latest e-mail campaign that I spent all last week compiling. You asked me to put it on the desktop so you could find it, and I'd remember to do it for today.
The Writer: Ok, but I don't like when things clutter up the desktop
Me: OK, well you asked me to do that, which is why it was on the desktop
The Writer: Well, can't you just get it from the recycle bin
Me: No you must have permanently deleted it.
The Writer: . . .Hold on. . . let me just check this e-mail

(I then proceed to spend ANOTHER week compiling the SAME information)



*****************



(If these don't get you ready for spring, I don't know what will. Incidentally, I really HATE peeps!)

No comments:

Post a Comment