Monday, March 8, 2010

A City of Books

The Writer is moving.

I shutter just thinking about all of the craziness that is about to ensue.

It all started when last week when we found out that a large sum of money gifted to The Writer every 6 months by a generous benefactor was not coming in June, or every again, for that matter.

Of course, The Writer has been in a state of panic as this money payed the rent.

After running through the budget AGAIN (are you getting tired of the ole budget? Because I sure am!) it became clear that the only option was to downsize. The Writer is acting fast, and hopes to move by April 1st.

That means, The Writer, The Writer's partner, dog, cat, and I have about three weeks to pack up and get out.

Anyone want to take a guess as to who will be doing all of this moving out work?

. . .ME
Why the 'tude you ask? Well, mostly because I have spend the last 8 months of my life, rearranging the same bedroom 5 times, the office 3X, moving a 100lb. desk up the narrowest flight of stairs in existence, hanging, taking down and rehanging the same 3 posters approximately 10 times and transferring books from 4 large book shelves downstairs, upstairs.

Just when everything is finally to The Writer's liking. . .I have to move it all again. Except this time to a completely different house. Fabulous.

**********
This vintage book made me really happy today. I wish I lived in a city of books






No comments:

Post a Comment