Monday, March 22, 2010

[Almost] Moving Day

I arrived at work this morning quite apprehensive. The two weeks before the much debated move is upon The Writer and Partner. First thing as I walked in the door, I tried to size up the situation. Finally, after some chit chat about our weekends, I broached the subject. This prompted The Writer to launch into a 25 minute monologue about how they were still a "maybe" until Friday for the new place (The Writer is really hesitant to move in the new place that they found because it's in a podunk town East of nowhere.)

Upon hearing that the move is still somewhat up in the air, I got a little worried. So help me if I pack up their whole house only to find The Writer's mind has changed AGAIN! Still, I spent at least two hours today packing up TEN boxes of books alone in The Writer's office.

After packing everything up and nearly throwing out my back several times, I sat down to take a break and get some computer work done.

"I just feel so righteous after doing all this packing and seeing everything I've accomplished!" The Writer exclaimed.
A. Since when is The Writer a surfer from the nineties??
B. I really wanted to point out the obvious that The Writer in fact hadn't accomplished anything. BUT I refrained as I need to keep this job for just a teensy bit longer.

This move might just be the end of me. And I'm not even the one moving!

*************
On a brighter, much happier note: I had a glorious weekend full of friends, family, and lots of good times! The following are the pictures that resulted from all the fun. (My real camera has decided it no longer needs a flash to operate, hence these pictures were taken on my phone, which doesn't like movement. So sorry for all the blurry messiness. Better than nothing!)




Friday Night Reunion! These are some of the lovely girls I went to college with. The hottie smack dab in the middle came to visit us with her husband from CO; we hadn't seen her in many months!



These goons are my current roommates.



The weekend fun continues with a surprise party for my Uncle John!

Cake #1



Surprise party #2 and cake #2 for a good friend. It was so nice in NE this weekend the festivities were held outside around a campfire. Glorious!




No comments:

Post a Comment