Thursday, March 18, 2010

Boots and Boxes

I don't usually post on Thursdays because I don't work. But, today was the exception as I have tomorrow off instead this week. So, I thought I'd grace my blog with a late night post!

Today was flip flopped for me, I got to have the morning off, and was able to see a good friend from out of town. The always amusing Miss Bonnie S. was in the area and we met for a chat and coffee (for her, anyway) at one of our favorite local places.

Imagine our surprise to find the place completely redone and looking a bit to posh for our liking! Where were the scarred walls, raggedy furniture, and too crowded seating areas?? Sad. But we sucked it up and I had a deLICious pumpkin crumble muffin which I have every intention of learning to recreate (I wish I'd gotten a pic before I gobbled it down!)

Our visit was lovely and I was quite thrilled to see Miss B. wearing some fabulous new boots. She looked so nice, I just had to take a picture of her!

Whoo, just look at them sexy boots!

Sadly, I had to leave all to soon and head off to work, where I was greeted upon arrival by The Writer's attention starved cat and dog. One of whom someone forgot to feed before leaving for the day.

The two animals milled around me begging for attention as I traipsed around sans Writer trying to get some filing, paperwork and various and asunder office tasks done before The Writer returned and all work came to a screeching halt. . .

At one point, I actually found myself having a conversation with the dang cat, who kept following me around meowing persistently. Unfortunately for her, I don't speak cat, so I don't think she ever got what she wanted. But we did have a nice chat about how I wish The Writer would stop leaving me notes with things to do, that I can't possibly because I have no idea what the notes actually mean. Evidently, after all this time, I don't speak Writer, either.

Then the cat got lost in a huge pile of boxes piled around the living room for the move (God save us all). I couldn't find her for quite some time.

. . .And people wonder why I don't want pets. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment