Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fir--I mean Gas Leak!!

Imagine this: Three fire fighters in full gear pulling up to a calm apartment building, lights flashing, ready for action. After charging onto the lawn, one of them is under the hood of a car parked in the lot, one is under the front of the car, one under the back. People at the business next store are outside watching and pictures are being snapped.

(if you look really closely, you can see the firefighters gettin' work done!)

Wait, sorry. You're probably confused. I should start at the beginning.

Actually this scenario begins the night before. Becca, the friend I will be moving to Boston with this week was having some issues with her car. Sometime late Friday evening the girls and I were hanging out when we noticed an incredibly strong gas smell flowing in through the open window.

"Oh that's my car" Becca said and instead of worrying, we all just took that as an acceptable response and continued on unconcerned with our evening (at least I did!).

The next morning, I head out to run some errands only to be accosted at my car by one of the delivery drivers from the pizza place we live next to.

"Do you know who owns this car?" He asks.

"Umm, yea?"

"Cuz you have a major gas leak, like I was outside here last night smoking a cigarette and I was afraid! You need to get that checked out."

Becca hears the exchange, thanks the guy and I head out to do my errands.

Cut to a few hours later when the firefighters get involved. I arrive home and Becca gets word she shouldn't drive the car, but have it towed to a mechanic. OK.

While on the phone with AAA, Becca finds out that they won't give her a tow until the
FIRE DEPARTMENT comes and clears the car because there is a gas leak involved.

Enter the crazy firemen (and woman!) blazing down our road.
Of course, like total whackos the roomies and I are milling around on the porch trying to pretend we're not taking pictures, which we all totally were.

The scene is total chaos and all I can do is just keep laughing at the fact that this is our life. Two days before we undertake our crazy move.


No comments:

Post a Comment