Monday, August 16, 2010

Post-Wedding Reflections

Yesterday I got all gussied up with a bunch of my friends and headed to the wedding of Matt and Ashley, some of my friends from college.

I've known them both since before they even started dating, and it's been such a joy to see their relationship grow and strengthen and now start a new faze with marriage!

not to mention the giant dance party!

I've been to a couple of friends weddings over the last year or so, and they've all been wonderful and special. This wedding was no different. It was particularly special because so many people I know and love were involved, from some of the bridesmaids to most of the groomsmen to the officiant and many of the guests!

No to mention, after the beautiful ceremony, and all the traditional reception activities, the most ridiculous dance party ever ensued. If there's one thing my friends know how to do, it's tear up the dance floor. Whether it was "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees (?) or "Your Love Is My Drug" by Ke$ha moves were being busted as if there was no tomorrow.

The DJ even complimented my roommate Becca and I. He told me he loved us because we told him we would dance and we definitely kept our promise (we made friends with him early on and were basically BFFs by the end of the night!) He even continued the music for us after the bride and groom had departed:)

I know, you really want to see some pictures, right? If you've been around for any length of time, you know me+my camera phone=mediocre pictures. So take what you can from these teasers. There aren't any from the dancing portion, as I was too busy shakin' it to bother with pictures. . .sorry!











Despite what these pictures might indicate, there were actually more men at this wedding than just the groom:)

Congrats again, Matt and Ashley! I can only hope my own wedding will be this fun and full of love!



No comments:

Post a Comment