Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Job

Ladies and Gentlemen, yesterday I got the most wonderful and unexpected phone call!

A woman who I had interviewed with two weeks previous called to offer me a job. . .AAH!

In case you haven't been following too well, a little less than a month ago, I left my job and home behind to come to Boston and start something new! My previous job was just not providing enough income, and, well, if you go back a few dozen blog posts you can read about my crazy boss who drove me to the edge of insanity just about every day.

A lot of people (maybe you!) thought I was a little nuts to leave a steady job to head out someplace new in such uncertain times. I wasn't worried all that much (minus a few panic attacks here and there. . .EEK!). Those who knew me best were confident that God has some good things in store for me here, and I believe they were right!

As always, for the sake of privacy, I can't give too many name details on the web, but I can tell you that I now have a full time job, monday through friday, 9 - 5, working at an insurance company. I'll be doing lots of administrative stuff and actually working with a friend!

Definitely less interesting than all my previous jobs, but we all know that when I'm involved, things always tend to get a little whacky;0)

I wish I could say that I was totally level headed about all this and incredibly mature after finding out this glorious news, but. . .

The first thing I might have done was jump online and start some online shopping!! For the last few months my life has been all about holding back because I was saving to make sure I'd have enough money to last me a few months if i didn't find a job right away.

Here are some things I love:

Notice the gray theme? I've loved gray for ages, and of course now it appears that gray/silver is the new black. I'm clearly wicked ahead of my time. . .

Of course, my penny pinching ways won out and I didn't actually buy anything except some cute handmade jewelry from a great online, handmade shop since it was on sale!

However, I'm plotting a little shopping spree this weekend, and I may just have to order those boots, because good grief are they amazing! (Check out the lining if you can see!)

Hope you're all having as good a week as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment