Wednesday, August 11, 2010

News from Boston

I feel like I moved and left you all hanging! No pictures, no real descriptions of the new place. . .
So today, I've decided to remedy that. Becca (my friend and apartment mate) and I moved in last Tuesday and it was my first time seeing the place in person. It was incredibly overwhelming, and I mostly just wandered around like a zombie the first day. People kept asking me where I wanted things and I just kind of directed them to general locations. I actually don't have a really clear recollection of the first evening, short of making my bed, showering, making some calls to let people know I'd arrived, and going to bed.

It's now been about a week since our move, and although still slightly overwhelmed by the city, I'm feeling much better about our new place and neighborhood. We're becoming more and more settled in the new apt, and starting to think of it as home! There are still pictures to hang, and curtains to be made (by our incredibly creative friend!) and general settling, but I already feel so comfortable here. On Saturday night, we had our first guest and while baking on our new kitchen island, laughing and talking, I felt like, "Oh yea, I can do this!"

Here are some pictures and more editorializing by yours truly (since, of course, I know you're dying for more of that. . .) Click the images to view them larger.

Here's (part of) the view from the front door. The front of the apartment is an open floor plan. Can you spy my beautiful red bamboo and pistachio nut bowl made in Thailand (from Ten Thousand Villages, one of my favorite stores ever!)




If you look to the left of the front door, you'll see our kitchen! It's small but has a really big island which is/will be great for baking. . .I'm pumped!!


This is the view of the living room from the kitchen



I don't think this needs much explanation. Except, I'd really like to know who decided that pink was an appropriate tile color for any room, but specifically bathrooms. . .BLECK!


There you have it! Well, actually you're probably wondering where we sleep. We don't actually have bedrooms, we just sleep on the sofa bed. HAH! Totally kidding!! My bedroom is still a hot mess so I decided to wait til it looked all glamorous to post it on the internet for everyone to see. And I didn't think Becca would appreciate her bedroom being plastered on my blog, so I refrained!

More pictures to come, I promise!


2 comments: