Friday, July 30, 2010

Check

A few weeks ago, I posted about some of things that I wanted to do before leaving town. I'll be honest, it was a little small (kind of sad really) and I never ending up adding to it.

I mean, I'm not exactly picking up and moving all that far away. I could really just come back for dinner or some other activity any time I wanted to. . .so thus ended the adventurous list making. I did however, make some effort to complete the things on my list, since I do love being able to cross things off lists!

Anyway, let me stop cut chit chat and get to the point. . .I figured I'd update you on the progress.

Here's the original list

"1. Make one last trip to Judie's, my favorite restaurant on the face of the planet
2. Finally have money for the homeless man downtown that I always talk to but never actually have change for
3. Go to a movie at the arts cinema in town. I love going to movies here and haven't been to one in ages
4. Have a picnic on top of Sugarloaf, a mountain I love hanging out on, but somehow have not managed to picnic at
5. Drive down this random side road that I always see and wonder where it leads to but never have the time to explore"

Well, I still haven't done either 1 or 2: The latter because the homeless man has disappeared from his usual location, probably kicked out by the businesses surrounding it:(

I did however make it to Noho, to the small theater and enjoyed watching this documentary about Joan Rivers career. It sounds ridiculous but it was actually pretty interesting (and somewhat terrifying!)

4 took place just yesterday, a delightful picnic of chicken salad sandwich, Cape Cod potato chips, and green tea. Followed by some glorious basking in the sun and reading {the picnic abruptly ended when I was attacked and bitten by some weird ant thing and freaked out:)}

And 5? Well, 5 was somewhat of a disappointment. I took the side road, somewhat excited about getting lost. But upon taking the turn, I realized I still knew exactly where I was! Still, though I'm happy that now I know where the road goes, no more mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment