Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy 100th!

This post marks the 100th post on my blog.

A small milestone but an exciting one nonetheless. YAY!


Thank you to all the people that have been reading my blog:) I hope you've had as much fun reading as I've had writing! I can only hope there will be hundreds and hundreds more to come (and I have no doubt there will, I mean my life always seems to be one ridiculous scenario after another!).

****************************
In honor of my 100th post, I really wanted to knock this one out of the park. I'm not really sure when this sport analogy came to me because I have absolutely zero interest in anything sports related, but no matter.

As such, I decided to tell you a little tale about my morning yesterday. I was very upbeat because I had my first interview since moving to Boston 2 weeks ago, and it seemed quite promising. I got up 2 hours early, already has a power outfit picked out, and had looked up directions to the place from the T. I was all set. . .

HAH!

Actually, I wasn't. After waking up, getting ready and fussing with my hair, I realized that I should probably print out a copy of my resume to bring along. I popped into my bedroom to unpack my printer (yes, my bedroom is still out of control!) only to find that I managed to lose the cord that connects the printer and computer.
"No big," I thought, "I'll just use Becca's"

That was before I saw Bec's intense printer that involves software and various wires, and goodness knows what else! At this point I became slightly panicked, as I had to leave in a few minutes and still wasn't wearing any pants.

So, I threw all professionalism out the window, forwent the resume, and threw on my pants and some shoes. I briefly thought I should wear different shoes because these would give me blisters, but didn't have time to do anything else besides find my keys and book it to the T stop.

As I'm still getting used to the whole T bit, I took a T that wasn't wrong, but just didn't get me as far as I thought. I quickly figured out my route though, and was dumped off in no time at the right stop.

And that's when it hit me.

I didn't print out/bring the map that showed me where to go from the T! Let me just say, thank God for phones with internet. After wandering around (and trying not limp in pain from the huge blisters that were forming all over both my feet. . .EEK!) looking for a building with an address I managed to Google map it to my destination just in time.

Thankfully, the interview went better than the trip getting there. I won't know if I've got the job for a bit, but I arrived home feeling much better about life in general, despite the 4 very large, very painful blisters I'm now sporting.

AND. I get to do it all again tomorrow. Although this time Becca is around to help with her printer, I plan to wear much more sensible shoes, and I'm totally on top of the whole directions sitch.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment