Friday, August 6, 2010

Escapades Galore

Picture if you will, three woman (tired after a day of IKEA shopping) in a tiny white Corolla. One is in the back out the window, and one is in the passenger side out that window. Both are holding onto a queen-size futon mattress which is lopped on top of the roof. The third woman is easing the Corolla up a hill.

Totally ridiculous right? Never would happen.

WRONG.
That was the scene today (twice, a second time with the wooden frame) as me, Becca and her mother (here to help us with the move!) picked up a futon we'd purchased just a few blocks away from our new place.
Surprisingly, no disasters ensued, and both times the giant pieces of furniture stayed on the roof without any problems . . .we barely even had to hold them on!

As you can see, the craziness has yet to subside here in Boston. Here's a picture of the bad mamba jamba put back together and lookin' good.

(I'm not really into naming my furniture, but for some reason, I feel like this futon is an Alejandro)

PS: In case you were wondering, I never did get ahold of George. I think he was avoiding me, so I took the hint.
I ended up having to call our internet provider several times. Every time there was a huge confusion because my name was spelled wrong, the found my old account. . .yadda yadda yadda.

When I finally did reach someone who could help me, my phone died! A never ending escapade it seemed--until this guy got it together and got me online! Whohoo!

And that, dear friends, means more stories for you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment