Thursday, August 5, 2010

Smooth Sailing?

It feels like it's been so long since I last posted!

Alas, I know it's only been one day and this is probably saying something about the sad nature of our computer dependent world: A person without internet at their house feels like they're completely cut off from the rest of the world within 24 hours (Although it should be noted that I have actually had internet this whole time via my phone. . .).

There is just something so comforting about grabbing your computer and looking something up, that for some reason doesn't feel the same on my phone.

Upon scheduling our cable and internet set up, I had finagled this crazy deal with the company, whereby they would install cable first so I could get a special deal on internet by installing it over the phone the same day after the cable guy had left. My trusty cable representative George promised it would be quick and painless.

The only problem is--George appeared to be out of the office yesterday.

I felt like some crazy, jealous girlfriend as I called several times and left a slightly panicked message pleading with George to please call me back ASAP. All to no avail. He is probably on vacay with fam in St. Barts or something, blissfully unaware that I'm drying up like a grape in the sun without out internet.
And I really don't care for raisins.

OK, OK I know what you're thinking: "Dramatic much, you whacko?"

Maybe you're right, I just need to take it down several notches, because clearly I can just pop down to a coffee shop and have internet there. I'll try to keep it together. But that won't stop me from trying to reach George today, even if I have to keep calling until he picks up!

In any case, the move actually went really well. Praise God for wonderful friends giving their time (and muscles!) to help us get everything loaded, unloaded, put together, etc. What a blessing everyone was!

Sadly, I had to leave Betsy behind in Amherst, as she is suffering from some exhaust issues. I'm making the decision of whether or not to scrap her or bring her to the B. We shall see. . .

AND here is a (messy. . .EEK!) picture of my my new bedroom. More to come once we're more settled!


2 comments:

  1. Great to see you and Becca yesterday and hearing that your transition has gone really great! This is an exciting new era (of growing up! what what!?) Anyways, see you at the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see!!! Bed looks sexayyy

    ReplyDelete