Friday, August 27, 2010

Going Away to College

Despite the fact that it's Friday and I should be out with all the other young people living the dream, I'm home because I'm:

1. Poor for the time being, and thus am conserving money

and
2. Not feeling so hot. I seem to have contracted some thing this week I just can't shake

also,
3. What with using phrases like "young people," I've clearly reached old age prematurely during my ripe old twenty-somethings and probably couldn't handle being out and about anyway!

Anyway, back to the subject. . .which I haven't introduced yet.

Today, my sweet baby sister (ok, ok she's 18) headed off to college. A brief text convo this evening confirmed that she's doing great, has made a ton of friends, and is generally cooler than I could ever hope to be. I was thrilled to hear this and of course, couldn't help wistfully reminiscing of our life as we became these amazing grown-up sisterfriends :0)

(you may remember a similarly sappy post when she turned 18. Clearly, I'm unprepared to handle the maturing of my younger siblings. I can't even imagine how my parents feel!)

And I know I usually make excuses for my poor photography/camera but this time my excuse it much better: the 90's. . .


I wish you could see this better, because she is just too cute!



Miss E and I a few months before she left for college!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe we can make it the new cool thing to blog on a Friday night.

    This line had me cracking up
    "And I know I usually make excuses for my poor photography/camera but this time my excuse it much better: the 90's. . ."

    Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete