Wednesday, August 25, 2010

FALLmost Here

Get the title? heh heh heh.

I know, I'm a total dork. Just imagine me sitting here in my living room laughing to myself over this (to complete the picture).

So far, this week has been totally rainy and windy. I've seen so many umbrella wipe-outs it's hard to believe. I would laugh, except I've had a few of my own with my ghetto umbrella and so I can only have pity when I see someone's umbrella go flying inside out as they struggle to right it again while getting soaked to the bone.

Nonetheless this weather is getting me excited for a little season we like to call "fall."

Fall is my favorite season of the year, and while I do my fair share of moaning and complaining, I even like that it leads to (mostly) glorious winter!

One of the reasons I love fall so much is that I can bake until my hearts content: apple pie, pumpkin muffins, cranberry walnut bread. If you can dream it up, I will totally bake it. And it's all the better if there is plenty of nutmeg and cinnamon involved.

I love crisp leaves that crack when you step on them, candy apples that leave your hands sticky, corn mazes, hay rides, and just about every other aspect of fall.

While these don't have to be exclusively for fall, here are some of the recipes I'm hoping to make now that it's not so dang hot for baking!


Orange Cranberry Drops






and this:

Pumpkin Roll




They look delicious, no?

I know there are you naysayers out there who are cursing my name as I wish for the end of summer and the beginning of fall.

All I have to say is, you're invited to my place for some decadent seasonal treats this autumn, and we'll see what your favorite season is then!


2 comments:

  1. Your promise of baking pies has caught my attention. You're right about this weather making us think of fall. Cool, brisk breezes, and clear blue skies. The smell of fallen leaves and pumpkins. Oh yeah. It's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this very pumpkin roll before and it's amazingly delectable!

    However, you may want to be sure that I am not invited over when you decide to make it for I cannot guarantee that it will not meet the same demise our fateful pumpkin bread...

    ReplyDelete