Monday, August 9, 2010

Madeleines

Well, I've been unemployed for almost two weeks (on Wednesday) and let me tell you, I'm starting to go a little crazy

"Starting to?" you're probably thinking, "I think what you mean is you're going more crazy than you already were, K."

I guess, you're right. Let me just tell you that I'm so over it. I'm thankful for the time to get settled in and somewhat used to my surroundings but, sheesh. How much organizing, walking around the neighborhood, and Hallmark Movie Channel can one girl take?? At this stage, I can predict what will happen during any given HMC movie in about the first 5 minutes (actually, I think probably anyone could do that. . . these people aren't exactly in the running for any awards).

At any rate, it doesn't take much anymore to spark some excitement into my days. Today, for example, while at The Goodwill Store, I found this gem and was overjoyed!


This, dear friends, is a Madeleine pan. Madeleines are sweet little fluffy "cookies" that French people often eat with their tea. They are sort of dry since you usually eat them with a beverage, and are absolutely delicious (and such a darling shape!)

I'm so excited to use my pan, and try out this great recipe that combines two of my favorite flavors! I'll let you know how it goes!

*************************

On a completely unrelated (but just as sweet!) note: today I was reflecting on this verse and wanted to share it with you all.

Jeremiah 17, 7 & 8 ~

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is in the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."

As I struggle with joblessness and feeling a little lost in this bustling, new city, I'm trying to be like this tree. Drawing from the living waters instead of finding purpose in a million other things. Right now I have much fear and anxiousness, but I want to shed it, and remain green and bear fruit. I'm thankful I have a God that makes this possible:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment