Thursday, August 19, 2010

BEACH

I'm ashamed to admit that in all the craziness that has gone on this summer I've yet to make it to the beach!

Sure, I've been to some local ponds and lakes to swim and cool off and the like. I've even been sailing, but it was a cloudy day and a little chilly, so no swimming actually took place.

Imagine how excited I was then, when my roomie Becca suggested that we meet up with a friend and hit the beach today. So, this afternoon after packing some lunch and entertainment, we headed out. We met V and headed over to Nahant.

It was perfect.

The tide was out, the water was surprisingly warm and it was not too hot. The water was so clear you could see the bottom and their was NO seaweed (this always ratchets my enjoyment up a notch, as I find seaweed completely disgusting and somewhat terrifying. Goodness knows what kinds of gross things are lurking in all that stringy, smelly mess. Bleck!)

I'm definitely really liking this living in Boston bit so far. And now I can add another thing to my list of likes. The beach. A T ride away. Fabulous.


Here's a picture of us hanging out on the beach:


. . .By now you've realized I'm totally joking. I mean, I would never wear that crocheted number. But you get the picture, I think!

1 comment:

  1. Katy! this picture of us was not supposed to be displayed for all the blogging world to see. my [butt] cheeks are totally hanging out over there on the right!

    i had a lot of fun :) glad we could do it. you're right, it was perfect. i love that the water wasn't freezing!! it was just SOO NICE! darn

    i love that you live in Boston and so close to my other home... and THE BEACH!!

    ps. i HATE/DESPISE seaweed too - about as much as Becca hates those dang birds. and that's a lot!

    ReplyDelete