Monday, July 19, 2010

Mountain Goats

Several ridiculous events occurred this morning that proved to be only the start of a ridiculous day

1. As I was driving to work, I happened to glance over at one point only to see a mountain goat of some sort climbing up a dirt pile in someone's front yard. I panicked briefly thinking it was like on the loose from the mountains (?? I'm clearly super logical in the morning) until I realized that there were dozens and dozens of them just milling around in this front yard eating hay and picking at dirt. So strange!

2. Shortly after arriving to work, I sat down and went to straighten out my shirt. It was at this point that I realized I had somehow managed to smear a large amount of peanut butter on the hem of my shirt and it was now dried and crusty. Fabulous. I scraped it off, but I'm pretty sure I just smelled like peanut butter for the rest of the work day.

3. The Writer informed me today after taking 2 MONTHS to make decision about her office and separate work room and how they should be set up, that she wanted us to switch the two rooms making her office the new work room and vice versa. Shortly after this announcement, I found myself repeating the matra "one and a half weeks, one and a half weeks. . ."

Sometimes I wonder what my life in Boston will be like. It is possible that things could get any more out of control? Gosh, I hope not!

************************
On a much better note, my crazy morning did not change the fact that I was coming of some fabulous weekend acitivites. For part of the weekend, I spent my time feeling sick to my stomach from moving stress and dealing with my car, Betsy who is on her last leg {I think :(}.

The rest of the weekend though was spend having fun with good friends, actually sort of doing OK at pool (!), attending a beautiful shower for a friend, making a stop at the north shore for a roomies grad party and spending some lovely time Sunday relaxing and going swimming.

Phew! I think that's it! Here are some grainy pictures (you guessed it, taken with my phone!)




showing off the iPhone 4 (which no doubt takes way better pix than mine)




Enjoying some late night Antonio's and hoping not to get egged. EEK!





Pretty shower table!



Even prettier bridesmaid. Manning the gift table and trying to keep me and my table mates from cheating at Bridal Bingo;0)






No comments:

Post a Comment