Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Countdown Begins

The proverbial cat is out of the bag.

The Writer's knows I'm leaving.

No one died. Nothing was thrown at my head. Tears were almost shed (on her part!), but were kept at bay.

She did go into complete manic mode and already has an ad up online for a new assistant but listed the start date after I leave and she and Partner go on vacation in August. Phew. That was definitely my biggest fear, that she'd kick me out before these next 3 weeks were up, and let's face it: I kind of need this job for as long as possible.

With telling The Writer comes a sort of real realization that I'm actually leaving my lovely valley.

I'm sad.

And happy.

and will definitely not miss the smell of cow that assaults my nose the moment I step out of Barnes and Noble after a lovely air conditioned few hours of reading (like it did tonight. bleck!).

1 comment:

  1. Glad it didn't lead to an apocalypse!! Can't wait til you're in the Bean!

    ReplyDelete