Wednesday, July 28, 2010

done and DONE (sort of)

Well, loyal readers, the moment you've all been waiting for (well, OK, maybe just me!) has arrived.

I am no longer employed by The Writer. As in, tomorrow I will not be driving up a mountain to work. Or making ridiculous lists that will never get done, or. . .OK, OK sorry I'm still trying to convince myself that my year of total craziness is finally over.

My day was just like any other day: full of nonsensical conversations, asking if The Writer remembered to eat breakfast, going over several of her to-do lists from which nothing will get done.

I will say, however, that The Writer did get me a coconut cake, after slyly getting out of me the other day that coconut cake is one of my favorite cake.

I contemplated asking to purchase one of her books and having it autographed, but for some reason I didn't. I kind of wish I had, I think it would have been nice for her.

And the crowning glory. . .my final act of my final day with The Writer??

You guessed it.

Those precious last minutes were spend be-gloved and in an apron dying The Writer's hair Ash Blonde for her upcoming vacation South. . .

As I prepared to leave, The Writer began to cry (as expected) and then something happened that you will not believe.

Seriously, you won't even believe it.

It's inconceivable.



I started to cry

(and then I pulled it together immediately and stopped)

You're shocked, I know. I still am.



Oh yea, about that "sort of" part. . .I may or may not have offered to continue to do some web work from Boston since I've yet to find a job which is slightly distressing and rent can't pay itself.

I know I'm nuts. But what else is new. Plus, how boring would this blog be if I wasn't?


2 comments:

  1. I hope the end of the Writer doesn't mean the end of our writer (you). I'm not surprised that you cried. Clearly, this person has been a big part of your life over these months even if they are a pain.
    I wish you well during this transition. And if it makes you feel any better, I envy you. Even if you have stress about getting a job in Boston, you're heading out there into the world. You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, this isn't the end of me! I'll still be blogging away from Boston. Who knows what kind of shenanigans I'll be getting into there??

    ReplyDelete