Monday, July 26, 2010

Day One Down!

Day one of the three day home stretch is over!!

No surprise. . .The Writer and I didn't get very much done.

A new potential replacement for moi came to meet The Writer and interview today and it was quite interesting. The girl, similar to me, was a journalism major (if this isn't a warning about majoring in journalism in college, I don't know what is!) and very interested in The Writer's career. She asked a lot of questions about when The Writer took time to write during the day and what she was working on currently.

The Writer did a great job of making things up and generally trying to avoid the question while still talking a lot.

I did a horrible job of somehow trying to communicate with the girl (via frantic eye contact) that she has no idea what she is getting into. That The Writer actually does little to know writing and this "project" that she's been going on about will probably never come to fruition.

Also, whenever the prospectives ask questions about the best method for calming The Writer down during a freak-out or other things that could never be answered (honestly) in front of The Writer, I just bumble along trying to sound supportive--as if The Writer is completely normal all the time.

1 comment:

  1. You write, "That The Writer actually does little to know writing". I was going to jump all over this and say that you spelled "No" wrong. But then I realized that you're a genius. Little to know writing. She does little to "know" writing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete