Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Paris Vogue

Tomorrow is the big day! The Writer is getting dumped. She is so out of it with this weather, I'm not even sure she'll realize what's happening.

This afternoon, I went in to The Writer's office to get her for lunch to find her chucking her computer mouse across the desk. She was throwing a tantrum because she couldn't figure out how to do what she wanted to do. I literally had to take control as if she was a child, demand she leave the office and get a snack and then usher her out of the room. . .if nothing else, I guess I can always be a preschool teacher in Boston.

I have the experience.
~
Zany Writer moment of the day:

I'm sitting in the "work room" while The Writer is wandering around the house/kitchen doing God knows what. Out of the blue I hear her yell to me

"You know I am not even interested in learning how to zip line!"

Unable to control myself I actually laughed aloud and asked if she was supposed to go anytime soon?

Her response: Yeah! It's like I'd rather learn how to jump out of a friggin' plane or something.

I waited, hoping for some context to enter this convo. Nothing. A few seconds later she went out for a cigarette. I'm pretty sure she's not going zip lining anytime soon. . .?

Just another Tuesday I guess.

****************
In an effort to beat the heat this evening I headed to one of my favorite spots on the planet: Barnes and Noble.

I did some actual work and then, of course headed for the mags. I decided on French Vogue today and, as usual, wasn't disappointed.

Vogue Paris is so fascinating and has the most quirky ad campaigns sometimes. Here are some fun ones:

This little gem was at the bottom of an ad for Lite Coca-Cola in designer bottles

It says: For your health, eat at least five fruits or vegetables each day.

I have no idea how this connects to drinking designer lite Coke, but I thought it was cute.

And finally:


This was opposite an article excitedly exclaiming that "new" research shows that sun is good for Vitamin D, positive attitude, and if I translated right, could stall some types of cancer? Um, thanks Vogue, but I'm pretty sure that's still no reason to get burned to a crisp in the French Riviera. That certainly wouldn't put me in a positive mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment