Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Five more days

In exactly two weeks, I will be in Boston in my new place!! I'm sort of excited and for some reason, sort of TERRIFIED!

I am, however, mostly excited. Actual moving is such a pain, but cleaning and decorating and being reunited with my Becca is going to be fabulous!

********************

I'm not really sure how to preface the situation that follows but I'll just launch into it.

Last week, I attempted to do some vacuuming for The Writer but for some reason the vacuum wasn't working. Partner had been cleaning up his camper with it, so I assumed the bag was just full.

Cut to this afternoon. I wasted approximately an hour searching for the appropriate size vacuum bags.

Finally, I got it together and tried to start vacuuming. No dice. I conclude their must be a clog and The Writer and I spend some time taking apart the whole vacuum.

I finally managed to see around an S curve something that appeared to be a dog hair clog. Using some tools, I starting shaking it loose and an enormous clump of something came shooting out.

"Oh I know what that is" The Writer said.

I asked what she meant.

"It's a dead baby mouse. . ."

Umm, WHAT??? I almost vomited. The clog didn't end their, however, as their was not one, not two, but THREE baby mouse skeleton hair ball things clogged down the vacuum pipe.

Are you kidding me?!? Why did Partner vacuum up a bunch of dead baby mice? Why not sweep them into the trash. I was so disgusted, I just left the house to finish de-clogging the machine and let The Writer clean up the mouse corpses.

Five more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment