Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Daffodil Yellow

After schlepping out of bed this morning and languishing a bit longer than usual on the couch (I despise rushing around in the morning), I finally managed to get it together for work.

Just a few minutes before I was to leave, The Writer gave me a buzz to inform me that she, in fact,was not returning to town today. We then proceeded to have a phone conversation about what sort of work needs to take place while her stay is extended.

Regular readers, you know that in person most of our conversations are completely incoherent. Frankly, it's a wonder anything ever gets communicated.

If you will for a moment, imagine one of those conversations taking place on the phone. Now add a dog scuffling around in the background, The Writer "making breakfast", a side conversation of some sort going on, and me on speaker phone straining to createe some semblance of order out of everything The Writer is blathering on about.

Exactly.

I did, however, succeed in my task, and was able to create a functional to-do list for the day. And stick to it. You may or may not be aware, that I might, just maybe, have a teensy problem with actually doing the work I'm supposed to while "working from home."

I always start out with good intentions! It's just that I get distracted by answering personal e-mails, and watching TV, and running errands I've been meaning to run forever. You know, the usual.

Tomorrow is back to normal (hah!) although I'm sure The Writer will be completely flustered after her out-of-town stay. Especially since Partner has no doubt been high the whole time and the house will be a mess. Oy vey.

*******************
In more exciting news (in my world anyway!): Today I dropped a large amount of money on a new bed set for my new bed in my new place.

I'm very excited about my color scheme which is going to have a soft gray and black base with bright reds, yellows, and navies for pops of color.

I bought a new dove gray quilt with bright yellow summer sheets and spent an unnecessary amount of money on this darling pillow
so cute, no? I'm having buyers remorse about it though, so I might return it. I always think to myself that I could just make the same exact thing for cheaper. Even though I never would. Then I return it, and then wish I hadn't. And then go back but it's gone. And so on.

So maybe I'll keep it. It'll be like ISpy when I post pictures of the new place. See if you can find the daffodil pillow in K's room:0)

OK it's getting late, and I actually have to go in to work tomorrow. Sweet Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment