Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hump Day

I've come to notice a correlation between the oh-so-famous hump day (Wednesday, in case your a tad out of the loop) and my general appearance. 

I never really made the connection before.. I mean, sure hump day is accompanied by a 2 o'clock slump in which I try to simultaneously nap and type at the same time and a general sense of despair that sleeping in Saturday morning seems for far away. Today, though I also noticed that Wednesday also usually means that no matter what outfit I wear is completely bedraggled and ill fitting. My hair is a mess, even if I do the exact same thing as I do every day, my normally comfortable shoes give me blisters and I feel ill.

It's as if every fiber of my being is struggling to get over this hill of a day. Thankfully, I sail into Thursday somehow every week and manage to get my hair back under control (ha ha) and find something productive to do in the office.

Seriously, what is it about Wednesday? It's like ingrained in our genetics that it be a sluggish, near insurmountable day.

Although, blessedly today is December 1st. December, the month of Christmas. How glorious!






No comments:

Post a Comment