Monday, December 20, 2010

A Cup of Good Cheer

Oh, my dear blog friends, can you believe it's already the week before Christmas. I've been having so much trouble getting into the Christmas spirit this year, for some reason. Slowly, though it's welling up.

This Saturday some girlfriends and I headed over to another city, New York,  for some fun shopping, festive lights, and just general fun! I always love going to NYC during the holiday season. There's nothing like a 50 foot tree to make you feel a little like Christmas. Not to mention, whilst floating around Saks balking over the fact that a pair of socks can cost upwards of $100, I also thoroughly enjoyed some truly beautiful Christmas decorations. As much as I love my baby of a tree, can you imagine coming home to this stunner every night? Hello!


And if that wasn't enough to get me in the Holiday mood, today it FINALLY snowed in Boston. I was beginning to wonder what a girl's gotta do around here to get some Christmas cheer?!?  Everything looked so much softer and prettier as I walked from work to the train station, glorying in all the fluffy, white stuff! 

(on a side note, I was wearing a pair of cute wedge boots that I quickly learned are not meant for trekking around in the snow. At one point I almost face planted into the brick walkway while dozens of other unconcerned commuters huffed past, irritated at me for slowing them down!)

Despite the dangers of wading through snow in slippery boots, my spirits are no less dampened. In fact, I'm happy to be home. As snow falls outside my windows, I'm getting ready to bake some cookies for a Christmas party here tomorrow. 

Oh, hey Christmas. I think I'm almost ready for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment