Thursday, December 9, 2010

Godiva Dive

Sometimes, I take really ridiculous pictures throughout the day because I think to myself. I'm going to blog about this tonight! But then, I get home, and something ridiculous has happened that I want to share. Or, as is the case more recently, I don't end up blogging because  I'm busy, tired, blah blah blah (I could give you a hundred lame excuses but I'll refrain. I know you don't care!) 

What ends up happening, though, is I'll be looking through pictures on my phone for something and I'm like, "what is this?"
"Why do I have a picture of a man's shoe with gum on it?"

"more importantly, do I even know that man?"

 You know, usual stuff like that. So today, I thought I'd share a few of these candids and explain a little about them, despite their initial failure to make the cut for my blog.

1. This is an escalator at one of the Cambridge T stops in Boston. Basically, it is a vertical escalator, and you ride on it for probably about 3 minutes if you chose to not walk down and just stand still holding on for dear life, hoping you don't plummet to your death (like, say,ahemmeahem). Additionally, if you are going further outbound, you actually have to go on another escalator after this. Do you realize this is an indication of just exactly how far underground you are when riding this T line. Eek!
ps: just so you have the full picture: I wasn't even all the way down the escalator at this point, I still had about another 20 feet.


2. This is the common area in my office. Filled with Godiva chocolate. The Christmas season is definitely upon us. As such, various big wigs from other companies send expensive gift baskets to various big wigs in our company. After the latter big wigs select what they want, we get to feast on the rest. Have you ever had Godiva chocolate covered pretzels, or their coconut truffles. Well, I have and let me tell you. . .they are divine (although, don't over indulge or you'll be feeling sick for hours. Not that this happened to me or anything. I mean, I'm just saying. . .).

Isn't my life simply thrilling? After eating my weight in chocolate, I then hop on a completely vertical escalator, hoping that in my fear, I don't puke up that fancy chocolate all over innocent (and just as frightened) fellow escalator riders. Believe me, everyday is not this glamorous.




1 comment:

  1. "Even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." Matthew 15:27

    Godiva is really good chocolate

    ReplyDelete