Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Crafty, Crafty

We've taken things to a whole new level here in my cozy, city apartment. The roomie and I are in full crafting mode; brought on, do doubt, by the holiday season! Our coffee table has been covered with projects and remnants of projects for the last few days, and it's such fun! 

Our projects have included pine cone  ornaments for the Christmas tree, purple picture frames, and red jewelry chests. Here's our coffee table in various stages of craftiness:



The only down side to all this lovely, adventurous, homemade goodness, is that one of my (many) flaws rears its ugly head. I am a perfectionist. In the most awful sense of the word. I'm irrationally demanding, and boy do I like things just so. Eek! This leads me to great heights of disappointment, irritation and dissatisfaction as I go about my crafting business. Nothing is ever as "right" as I imagine it in my head. None of my projects come out quite like the vintage or clever finished product I desired. Oh, the pains of perfection!  

I'm making an early new years resolution (super early, and strange, because I never make them on the real holiday) to not be such a controlling perfectionist. Who cares if a little red bow isn't draped over a pine cone just so? Does it really matter if the Christmas ornaments are scattered in a perfect random pattern? In short, no. So maybe I should just stop worrying about it, have fun crafting and let the finished products take care of themselves! It'd probably be a whole lot more fun that way. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment