Monday, December 6, 2010

solitude

This weekend, in preparation for a crazy, hectic month of holiday I took a day entirely for myself. It was glorious. I never wanted it to end. 

Saturday morning after seeing my sister and her boyfriend off (they spend the night Friday) I headed back into the house took a shower. . .and then decided I was going to spend the day completely alone. 
What did my day of solitude look like, you ask? Well, it was mostly spent snuggled up in front of the TV watching Christmas movies, playing spider solitaire on the computer (I'm addicted), reading, listening to music, and baking (I may have pretended to be on my own cooking show whilst partaking of this last activity).

I budgeted and belted out Christmas tunes, and even broke out my guitar for half a second. I also  forwent any real food in favor of subsisting on mint chocolate M&M's, Arnold Palmer Half Lemonade Half Ice Tea, and batter from my baking.

It was supremely refreshing and I now feel ready to face this crazy December with renewed strength and vigor! 

Then, my  weekend was topped off by getting a free orchestra seat to see the Rockettes perform at the Wang Theater in Boston!  Bring in on Christmas. I'm totally ready for you now!


If spending an entire day alone and not speaking to anyone (but yourself. . .) sounds like a great idea to you. do it. You won't regret it one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment