Friday, June 11, 2010

Wolfy, Cont'd.

Much to my surprise, when I arrived this morning The Writer was having second thoughts about her decision to end her affiliation with her poetry series.

That was a lie. I wasn't surprised at all.
She spend an hour in the morning briefing me on all the reasons she was having second thoughts. Reasons I neither cared about nor was following. The biggest struggle the whole time was to keep from bursting out laughing.
This afternoon, she sat me down once again so she could read me the letter she'd written to her good friend and fellow board member because she felt she wasn't being taken seriously (gee, what a huge shock. . .)

After she finished reading me the letter, The Writer became very pensive, chin in hand.

"I know that people are crowing tired of my crying wolf" she said.

". . .but I wonder. . .In the story of the boy crying wolf. When did the boy tire of being the one crying wolf. No one ever seems to focus on him. I mean did he feel like this just needs to stop at some point "
Uh, yea. No one every focuses on him because he's the idiot that keeps causing a ruckus for no reason. If he is tired of crying wolf why doesn't he just stop?"

The above exchange happened in my head--don't worry. Outwardly, I just mumbled a sympathetic noise and nodded because, I mean, what does one even say to that line of questioning???

Blessedly, shortly after this inane conversation it was time for me to leave. I just awkwardly stood up, unsure of how to wrap this one up, and announced it was time for me to go.

Sometimes, I think The Writer gets offended by the fact that I'm so eager to leave every day. I believe she is like secretly hoping I'll be so engrossed in her life, I won't want to leave.

Keep dreaming Writer, keep dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment