Tuesday, June 8, 2010

All The Wrong Names

I received some unparalleled words of wisdom from The Writer today that I thought I'd pass along to you all:

"Ten dollars saved this week is ten dollars out the window next week."

I'll admit, when she first began this quote, I thought she was going for something more like, "a penny saved is a penny earned" but The Writer never is one for sticking to normalcy. In fact, I'm pretty sure that word doesn't exist in her world.


Also, today at work I was ruminated over my choice to call her "The Writer." I mean, theoretically, this makes perfect sense. She does after all purport to be just that, a writer. And when she does produce some piece of writing it actually is very well done.

But lets be honest. In the year that I have worked for The Writer {EEK! I can't believe it's really been this long} The ratio of the amount of writing she's done to the amount of time she spends doing other things like aimlessly checking her e-mail and Facebook is like 1:1000000000. She keeps talking to everyone about how she's working on getting a book of poetry published, but that's not really true. Unless she plans to publish a 3 page book. And half of the writing that she does she ends up tossing out, dissatisfied.

My conclusion? It seems that maybe "The Writer" is actually a misnomer.

I can think of a few better suited nicknames. . .
Do you have any suggestions?
*******************

In my previous post, you may have recalled me chatting about Uncle M who owned the boat I went sailing on this weekend. Basically for the last several weeks I've been under the impression that Uncle's name was Mike. Definitely called him Mike whilst on the sailboat.

Last night, a friend who was on the boat informed me that Uncle Mike is actually Uncle George.

WHOOPS! Sorry Uncle Mi- err George:0)
(Here's Uncle G. in all his glory)

1 comment:

  1. his name is George Michael, but we all call him Mike. People at work call him George. Both names are right. haha
    -Luth

    ReplyDelete