Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sailing!

Sorry I faded out last week on ya'll! I'm still dealing with limited internet, not to mention being a busy, busy bee!

Rest assured The Writer is still in top form. Friday when I got there several poet friends were with The Writer at the kitchen table. Apparently they were waiting for me to arrive because the night before they were all at a poetry reading, got rip-roaring drunk and decided to go to a farm of another poet friend the next morning to see her yak and camels.

I was completely confused as to what was going on, and just shooed them all out so I could get down to some real work, like planning my sailing adventure that took place yesterday!

Yesterday, 5 friends and I headed down the Cape to go sailing on one of my friend's uncle's boat. We left (literally) at the crack of dawn and headed south, only to find that a raging storm was ripping through the Cape

(view of the marina from my rainy window)


Despite being dejected, we continued to hope that maybe things would clear up, and even went to play in the rain at the beach. While there we discovered a dead shark! I was thrilled, although completely freaked when Alexandra decided to try and touch it. Bleck. . .

All our hoping paid off, however, when after awhile the clouds started to clear and we got the word from Uncle M that we could hit the high seas!



We then headed on the most ridiculous sailing adventure ever to hit Cape Cod complete with me cutting open my leg, someone almost puking, and someone almost going overboard while we were boarding the boat.

We sailed to Martha's Vineyard and back and I'm now totally down on some sweet sailing terms.

Wondering what a jig is? boom? Not sure what tacking is?

I could maybe help you out with that. . .;0)


Needless to say it was a fabulously entertaining day and I only got a teensy bit burned on my back!


(some of the goons getting ready to head out)





No comments:

Post a Comment