Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Graduating & Working from Home

This has to be the most amazing week of work EVER. Here's why:

1.
Yesterday, The Writer decided to take a nap sometime around 12:30 pm and didn't wake up until
10 minutes before I was to leave.

2. Today, although I had to work late, I got to head to my parents place after to spend the next day with my family

3. I'm "working from home" tomorrow and Thursday as The Writer is out of town, and let's face it, we all know that's really code for I have TWO paid days of from work this week.

4. I return to work on Friday for an abbreviated day because my darling younger sister is coming to my place for her graduation present: seeing Ingrid Michaelson in concert. Whoo!

Needless to say, weeks like this don't come around often, and I'm embracing it with open arms. So much peace is going to be happening without The Writer flinging crazy all over the place!
**************

As I said, I'm back here in the town I grew up in to see my younger sister graduate high school. Tonight was her class night, filled with a slide show and performances from her fellow classmates.
It's pretty strange being back here, seeing all the places and things that I grew up experiencing everyday of my young life. They all seem really foreign and different now. I miss my little valley and my little town. I miss all the familiar things that make my home now, HOME. . .and it's only been a few hours!

Still, it's fun to spend time with family, and see my sister end this faze of her life and become a grownup!

Not to mention, I get to see my baby bro in shirt and tie-twice. Something we don't get to see very often 'round these parts.

This is more like his usual:0)

More on the graduation festivities tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment