Monday, April 19, 2010

With A Twist

Turns out even on my days off, The Writer can pull something ridiculous. On Friday, before leaving The Writer asked me to sent out a bunch of PR since I wouldn't be working on Monday. I spent quite awhile working on the press release, got The Writer's OK and send everything out in advance.

This morning, I received an e-mail from The Writer asking me to tweak the PR with all the changes listed in the e-mail BEFORE sending out the PR we had agreed I'd send out today????

Don't know when I agreed to work on my DAY OFF. . .especially to do something I already did.

Oh, and why did I have the day off, you ask? Well, you see, the un (ahem) I mean self-employed Writer needed an extra day tacked onto the weekend, since they now have a little side job working 3 Saturday a month. Not sure why someone who never does anything during the week needs a 3 day weekend, but we all know The Writer is the master of nonsensical.

****************

Now to the part I'm REALLY excited about! This weekend was so fabulous I can't even fit it all in in one post!

The major highlight besides catching up with old friends and delicious food with other friends?? Well. . .on Sunday 2 friends and I headed to a concert with Straight No Chaser, an a Capella group of 13 guys. We were in the dead last row on the balcony. Like, there were ladders and crew equipment behind us. Still, we were good sports and didn't even care because we were THERE to see the sweetest group ever!

Then, literally just as the show was about to start a stranger walked over to us 3 gals and handed us FRONT ROW TICKETS. As in, a foot from the stage. We rushed down in excitement and proceeded to enjoy the best concert of our lives! At one point 2 of the guys even singled me out to sing to me! AND we got to meet all the guys after, where they harassed us for being late, and we got to explain our good fortune to them!

I didn't get to take any pictures of them since they were so close and I felt awkward, but they took some pics of us! Here they are. See my chubby, red, 5-year-old checks and vibrant purple shirt?

click on the pictures for a bigger view!


There we are!! smack dab in the middle



our upgraded tickets!! front row baby!


and as if things couldn't get any better, we ended the evening with some superb Moroccan food. Lamb-so great

No comments:

Post a Comment