Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fans

This week is not going to be a good week. I have no reserves of patience to deal with The Writer and all their shenanigans. The Writer & Co. are moving in two weeks and have a bunch of stuff still to do. Or rather, The Writer still has a ton of stuff left to make me do.

Whenever I try to get The Writer in gear, there's always some ridiculous episode that brings the moving to a complete stand still.

Case in point: Today, The Writer and I headed down to the jam packed basement to see what we could bring in a load going over to the new place. I noticed five fans of varying sizes and heights sitting on a shelf and suggested we move them all over to the new place. The Writer's response? "What if we need them before we move?"

"For what?" I demanded (Ok, maybe a little too snottily. . .)
"To keep cool" The Writer says in a condescended voice.
"It's the middle of April. Do you really think you'll need five fans in the next two weeks?"

As is customary, when I ask sensible questions in the midst of an inane argument. The Writer looked at me like an idiot and then walked away and later tried to get away with keeping three fans put.

I felt confident there wouldn't be a temperature spike to 100 degrees that would necessitate the use of not one, but five, fans and loaded two more fans into the car against The Writer's orders. . .
*******************

Here's a picture of another part of my lovely weekend before all the SNC craziness. These girls are some of my wonderful college crew and we had a fun time visiting Jenny's home at a retreat camp she and her husband work at. Isn't the lake behind us gorgeous?




No comments:

Post a Comment