Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Squeaky Clean

I'm exhausted and smell strongly of cleaning products.

You don't have to say it, I know you wish you were here right now. . .

I hope, my lovely blog readers that you had a glorious weekend filled with friends, sun, and margaritas.

I did!
And sorry I was gone for so long. . .I now have 3-day weekends all the time as I mentioned before! I was going to post for you all yesterday, but got distracted by various time wasting activities.

. . .oh right! Back to the cleaning product shenanigans. The Move is on in full force this week. Today, I spent 3 hours trekking around the old house loading up stuff to bring over to the new house, where I then began the 4 hours process of cleaning up the new (and filthy!) kitchen with The Writer.

Despite the fact that The Writer does nothing around the house, they are apparently well versed in cleaning. Each time I finished cleaning something, The Writer would nonchalantly slide over and start checking it out.
"Is this as clean as it can get. . .?" came out of their mouth so many times.
What was I supposed to say? "Umm, no actually, I just spend 2 hours pretending to clean every nook and cranny of the fridge, and then stopped short of it being really clean."

Obviously, my answer is yes if I stopped cleaning.

I guess I better just buck up and get comfortable with that questions since I'll be hearing it for, at the very least, the next 3 days.


*****************
In other news, my birthday is in TWO DAYS!! I'm so pumped because, as you already know, i love birthdays!!

I think I love birthdays so much because they were always such a big deal in my family. For my sixteenth birthday my mother made such an enormous cake (well, two really in the shape of a 1 and 6) that we had cake leftover for weeks, not counting the un-frosted cake frozen in the downstairs freezer for a year to come!

And every year for our birthdays my grandma would take us each out on a special adventure with her. I've been to the Statue of Liberty, twice to see the Rockettes, to a multitude of Broadway plays, museums, circuses, and every other imaginable festivity.

I can't wait to have kids, so I can make their birthday's incredibly fun. Full of partying and crazy cakes and fun adventures. I mean, come on. It's an entire day dedicated to celebrating the fact that you were born. yay.




No comments:

Post a Comment