Thursday, April 1, 2010

MorningStar&Zen

The Writer has a horrible relationship with their mother, who happens to be named something along the lines of Morning Star.
That's right.
Morning Star.
This isn't her real name. She changed it once she decided to become a Hopi Indian in spirit. Or something of the sort.

Today, as a surprise, MS showed up at W's house "for a hug" because she and Writer had gotten in a big argument. Of course, as I heard the story the argument was all MS' fault because she is manipulative, rude, and passive aggressively hostile. HMM sounds like someone else I know. . .

I've met MS before briefly, but for the first time spent an extended period of time with her, and realized for once the Writer was NOT lying. MS is quite a pill-twisting everything Writer said, making passive aggressive, backhanded comments.

Then, as I'm bustling around minding my own business, MS starts quizzing me on my experience in being a personal assistant, what I went to school, yadda yadda yadda. Afterward, she demanded I get her a baggy so she could carry the sandwich just made for her home because she couldn't eat it then. MS then proceeded to start making sly comments about the fact that she CLEARLY disapproves of my existence and my job.

She's a real self-esteem builder.

Boy was I glad that I left 20 min. after MS arrived. Although those 20 minutes were some of the longest of my life!

************************
Last night for a friends birthday, a group of ladies headed out to a french-Asian fusion restaurant called ZEN. the food was superb, and so beautifuly presented I just had to snap some shots of it! Also, for the second time in my life, I tried some sushi, this time with some crab and avacado. I've officially decided that I'm just not classy enough to enjoy sushi. Shoving a huge circle of cold rice, avacado, and raw fish of some sort in my mouth and trying too chew it all at once is not my idea of a good time!


Curry Fries filled with potatoes, carrots, and pea, with Passion Fruit sauce *YUM*


Orange Chicken (so lovely looking!)



some of the gals noshing on seafood

No comments:

Post a Comment