Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Smile!

This afternoon I had the pleasure of going to the dentist after work.

Oh, and in case you are wondering. I'm not being sarcastic. I actually really love going to the dentist.

I find getting my teeth cleaned rather therapeutic! 

This was a new dentist, so I was a bit nervous. After all, the first 24 years of my life I've been to the same dentist, the one my mom started going to when she was 18. Crazy, eh? (dental hygiene was instilled in my siblings and I at a very young age)

As soon as I stepped in, though, I knew I was in for a good experience. Everyone was so friendly. One of the hygienists actually uttered the phrase "okely dokely" to me! The dentist was really sweet, knew where I grew up and went to school and was generally pretty cool! And you know that annoying thing that dentists to where they ask you a question just as they shove the pick and mirror in your mouth so you have to answer by making awkward "agh agah gahh" noises? She doesn't do that at all! She asks a question and then removes her utensils so you can answer! 

I've also realized that, dentally speaking, I've been living in the dark ages! I was in need of some new x-rays and one of them was a panoramic of my mouth! I stepped into an area with a tube for my head,  bit down on this plastic straw, had little antennae set my head straight and a little machine whirred around my head doing a complete panorama of my mouth! It was kind of like a ride! Especially because I had to hold onto this bar while it was all taking place. Pretty freaking awesome sounding, right? It was.

In sum, I love the dentist even more now! If you can believe it! I'm so pumped for Dec. 13th (my next check up) it's not even funny. Too bad you only need x-rays like every 3 years or so (I think). 

How do you feel about the dentist? Are you a fan?

Clearly, I am.

Although, as I'm writing this, a thought occurs to me. They never gave me the toothbrush I was promised. . . hmmmmm.







1 comment: