Thursday, June 2, 2011

One Love

Here we are again on Thursday, and this time I have a special edition of Things I Love Thursday! It's special because it's different: there's only one thing on the list today. Not because I don't have anything to love on this week, but because this one's worthy of a whole post. but I do love it so I think it still qualifies. OK, anyway, I'm rambling, let's get started!

The thing I love this Thursday is that a little less than two weeks ago, a good friend of mine,Virginia, started working with me at my company!! We'd been joking all year that when she moved back to the Boston area I should get her a job at my company. Low and behold, a few weeks before she was due back, the receptionist position opened at my company! I emailed V right away to let her know the details and urge her to apply. Before we could even think about it, she had an interview and was offered the job! Both of us have had so much fun together now that she's around every day!

    workin' hard at the office (and that second one's not even posed)!

Whether we're picnicking on the common during lunch break, running into each other in the bathroom, or going shopping after getting out early on Memorial Day Weekend, it's been such an encouragement to me! I love having her smiling face greet me every morning as I come into work, and truly it's so fun to have an old friend around the office!

We've also been laughing non stop about how weird it is that she now works in my office. After a year of hearing stories from work, V is now part of it! So crazy! I never would have guessed, even a year ago, that we'd not only be living in (almost) the same city but that we'd all be coworkers. God certainly works in wonderful and amusing ways! And I know it'll continue to be a fun adventure

So if you like lists (I do) and want one to keep Thursday lists going here it is:

1. Good friends like Virginia
2. Good friends like Virgnia to work with!
3. Pineapple stir fry on a sunny day.  . .oh sorry maybe that's another item for another list for another time (or my dinner tonight).

See you next week with more Things I Love Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. KATY! i feel so honored and special to not only make an appearance on your blog, but to have a post all to myself :)
    let me just tell you how THANKFUL and EXCITED i am to be working with you, truly. let me repeat it for the 79th time - i still can't believe it! it makes me smile and laugh every time i think about it still.
    thanks for sitting with me at lunch and for making my days more enjoyable and full of laughter. and less like 9th grade having to ask people to sit at their lunch table :) although i don't think it would be as bad as i imagine it to be in my head haha. it's a joy to work with you and see your face everyday! thanks for hookin a sista up!! who woulda knew...who WOULDA KNEW! surely not me! never would have guessed it. thanks for being my friend. and for listening to me ramble. and for going for walks. and sharing 1/2 a bag of M&Ms so we don't eat the whole thing ourselves. so much more joy and fun is in store i'm sure, and for that i'm truly blessed and thankful! SEE YA TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! SO cool how this all worked out. Let's just hope that I can get a job in the Boston area and then we can all be together haha!

    ReplyDelete