Friday, March 4, 2011

Sick Day

Sorry I've been so MIA this week. After a wonderful out-of-town weekend, I arrived back to Btown feeling a little sickly and really wanted to sleep. I held it together all week going to work and most of my other activities, but this week definitely feels like it went by in a haze.
Today, I gave in and called in sick to work. It was fun for a few minutes, but now I'm bored. Anyway, as such, my little blog project here went unloved for a bit. Except for the ridiculous post I see I made happen on Monday. Yikes! 

Feeling sick, a sickie roommate and a stuffy house have gotten me super pumped for Spring though! I absolutely can not wait for the temperature to start rising (which is should do this coming week, I believe!). What will it feel like to once again head outside with only a light jacket, or no jacket at all?! I know, I need to pace myself. Today in a fit of overzealous spring fever I flung open one of  my windows to let in some fresh air. It was great initially, but a little too chilly!

For a few minutes I was also outside and just wanted to start whistling and skipping down the road. Since I can't really whistle that well, I didn't. I didn't skip either, actually, even though I'm a champion skipper. 
Is everyone feeling spring fever as strongly as I am? What spring activities are you just dying to do?

(going stir crazy during my sick day today. . ).

In other news. Did you all know that today is National Grammar Day? No? I didn't either 'til this morning. I used to care a lot about grammar. And then I started writing this blog. My thoughts come way to fast to worry about what commas go where or if I left a participle dangling. I'm sure it really annoys some of you when I pull the classic blunder of putting a "there" where "their" should be and, frankly, more power to you. I salute your grammar prowess. I'm probably going to keep screwing it up majorly here at KatyDidWhat, though and I'm OK with that. 

I hope if you're reading this you are feeling well, and skipping in the sort of warm weather, and getting pumped for Le Printemps!





No comments:

Post a Comment