Monday, March 14, 2011

I Await the Spring

In only about a week it will be officially spring! I hope that everyone is recovering from Daylight Savings and ready for the world to start blooming!

I'm still getting used to the time change myself. This morning I woke up feeling good for the first time in a couple of weeks (I've had a little flu/cold thing) rejoicing that I was finally feeling mostly back to normal. Then, around 10 o'clock this morning I was overcome by a horrible period of lethargy. I could barely keep my eyes open at work and, in fact, a few times my eyelids slammed shut and it was all I could do to open my eyes again and just stay awake. Eek!
 
 It's only an hour but that sudden change in time usually affects my body for a few days after while I try to adjust. Does this happen to you?

I've gotta pull it together, though, because tonight I have some big plans. As in, I'm clearing out my apartment of the last vestiges of winter decorations and getting ready for spring! For some weeks now, I've been meaning to pack away the modge podge of decorations and put out new spring themed ones. Currently, there's a snow man perched on the shelf by the front door, which happens to still be sporting a valentine's wreath, and winter themed hand towels in the kitchen. Not to mention the pile of pine cones and berries in my bedroom left over from a winter floral arrangement.  It's a decorating nightmare is what it is!

A trip to Target and TJMaxx's home sections are in order, I think! With Easter (almost) around the corner there are a lot of sweet pastel, egg and bunny themed bobbles out, but I'm thinking I may go for a more general spring approach so it can stay up for the next couple of months and be enjoyed by all! We shall see though, I'm definitely a sucker for those mini egg topiaries. . .so cute!

Below: Frosty before I chucked him in a box for the next several months (yay! {sorry Frosty}) 


No comments:

Post a Comment