Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I will overcome. . .or not

As you all know, I'm super into seasonal and holiday decorations. Here's a little peek at what's going on at my place this spring! I decided not to go too overboard this year, as I'm sometimes bound to do when decorating. Just a few bird's nest themed items and a door hanging!


 Spring has sprung in my apartment and the city is slowly, slowly coming to life. In celebration of this glorious changing of the seasons, I've made a brash move (really, do I ever make any other kind?) and completely abandoned my winter jacket, mittens, the whole nine yards. 

This idea was all good and well when Boston was experience some warm temperatures in the 50s last week. I bustled around in only a fleece, reveling in the warm sun and not having to be heaped under a huge winter coat (I'm not a coat fan. . .). However, Old Mr. Weather--as he is bound to do in these parts-- has decided to bring a dip in the temperatures this week, and even some snow (bleck!). Many others have reverted back to their winter gear (or never even stopped wearing it) and are comfortably romping around the city. 

Not me.

I have thus far refused to give in to the weather. No, in fact, I've been shivering my way through every day with only my tiny fleece and flats (no socks). Each morning I leave for work holding my breath for the cold blast of air that is will hit me, but still I persist. I go out for my daily lunch walk, and although I always try to walk quickly for some good exercise, I've upped my game. "Faster, faster," I tell myself, "the faster you walk, the warmer you get!"  

Today, though, as I shivered violently all the way home, I actually found myself pining away for the dog days of summer when I'll be sweating my face off on the T wishing for winter. I haven't fully committed, but I think the winter jacket will make an appearance tomorrow, as there's more snow in the forecast. We shall see.


And for a little sneak peek on this blustery Wednesday--I'm back in the kitchen and will post more soon (it's a cake for a friend's birthday, so I'll have more on it after the fact!):


It's going to be amazing (I hope {eek!})



No comments:

Post a Comment