Thursday, March 17, 2011

Black Friday

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! 

If you're Irish I hope you're out celebrating your heritage by downing as many Guinesses as possible. I mean. . .wait, what? I'm by no means condoning drunkiness. Obviously.

If you're not Irish, I'm sure you've jumped on the bandwagon with more fanfare and vigor than the actual Irish, so I'm not sure you'll need any encouragement. . . 
 

 And to change gears rather quickly--Have any of you heard of this girl? Rebecca BlackAfter reading about this in the paper I decided to check her out.
 
Apparently she's trying to become the female Justin Bieber Youtube sensation. I actually considered not blogging about her because it's just giving her more publicity and no publicity is bad publicity. Clearly, I abandoned that plan, though.
Here's the song that started it all. Try and get through the whole thing. It' s so painful, but there's a rap interlude near the end that's killer (snickering). I don't think he's anyone famous but I guess it's the new, cool thing to pick up an 
internet protégé. I mean, if Usher's doing it shouldn't we all. WWUD. Maybe I'll be on the look out for one.

I feel like I could definitely fake drive around in a black car while rapping about the weekend and how cool my protégé is. No prob, for sure


Two final comments: 1) why does her voice come out of her nose and not her mouth? 2)Did she write this song herself? if so, kudos to her for getting all the days of the weekend straight. Although technically Becky, Sunday is the beginning of a new week. . .)

2 comments:

  1. Not to mention the rapper is a pedophile, driving behind a school bus, singing about how excited he is for the weekend, just like the girls, who are clearly 12.

    ReplyDelete