Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jicama and a house guest

 Jicawhata? you might be thinking. And a few short months ago (pre move to Boston) I would have said the same thing. Until a friend introduced me to a cute little cafe in Cambridge called Crema. And then introduced me to an incredible sandwich they served there called the Turkey Jicama Sandwich (original right?). 

(this sandwich is also filled with avocado,ancho something sauce, cabbage, carrots, and all things yum!)

Jicama is a member of the morning glory family, and native to South America and somewhat related to a sweet potato. 

oh, and it's pronounced, "hicuhmuh" 
 And I feel really cool when I'm eating it. It helps that it's really delicious, crispy, sweet but not too sweet and gives this sandwich the delectable little crunch I'm always craving! So next time you're in Cambridge, head to Crema Cafe for a delicious jicama treat, but call me first so I can join in the fun (because that sandwich is way to big for just you; look at it!)

In other news, here on the home front (which is sadly, jicama free) we've been having all sorts of fun while the roomies brother, Bobby is staying with us. B decided to move to Boston and hopped on a plane from the Sunshine State sometime last week to join us in our windy city. He's been hanging out here until he finds a place to live.

Becca and I have really enjoyed the distraction of having a house guest around. And I've even learned some fun things. For example, Star Wars wasn't made in the 90s (obviously, I mean, who would ever think that. ha. haha. ha.) and the person who plays Darth Vader is, in fact, not the voice of Mufasa from The Lion King(who knew?!). Yup, it's been a regular old eye opening week around here. Sadly, Bobby will be striking out on his own tomorrow in a new place (lucky for him, on a faster T line) and happy days of three's a crowd will be over, but live on in our hearts forever (awww, we're all so cute). Maybe I'll go drown my sorrows in a turkey and jicama sandwich. Or something.

our third roomie for the week




No comments:

Post a Comment